Marvel announces new X-Men movie with Adam Driver as Mister Sinister

Marvel announces new X-Men movie with Adam Driver as Mister Sinister

This Friday, during the D23 event held in California, Marvel Studios confirmed a new ‘X-Men’ movie with Adam Driver as Nathaniel Milbury, the villain known as Mister Sinister, as well as announcing the main cast who will play the mutants in the first production of the franchise within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

Read more Los Chankas vs Melgar LIVE: what time and where to watch matchday 5 of the Clausura Tournament

The presentation was led by Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, and director Jake Schreier, who revealed the actors who will be part of the cinematic reboot of the characters created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1963.

The cast will be made up of Sadie Sink as Jean Grey, Kit Connor as Scott Summers/Cyclops, Christopher Abbott as Charles Xavier/Professor X, Samara Weaving as Emma Frost, Inde Navarrette as Rogue, Maya Boyd as Storm and Adam Driver as Mister Sinister.

See this post on Instagram

A post shared by Marvel Studios (@marvelstudios)

LEARN MORE: “Spider-Man: Brand New Day” does it have post-credits scenes?

During the announcement, Driver appeared via a video recorded from the Pinewood studios and assured that he had been talking with Feige for years about joining the MCU. “I think we finally found the perfect movie. I’m very excited to play Nathaniel Milbury, the actor said.

The actor was one of the fans’ favorites to join Marvel and for years was linked to Magneto. In fact, he joked about that possibility before confirming he will be Mister Sinister.

(From left to right) Samara Weaving, Christopher Abbott, Kit Connor, Jake Schreier, Sadie Sink and Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, participate on stage during the Disney Entertainment Showcase at D23 | Photo: AFP
(From left to right) Samara Weaving, Christopher Abbott, Kit Connor, Jake Schreier, Sadie Sink and Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, participate on stage during the Disney Entertainment Showcase at D23 | Photo: AFP
/ JESSE GRANT

For her part, Sink said it was special to finally be able to talk about her role as Jean Grey after months of rumors. The actress had already made an appearance related to Marvel in ‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’.

Read more League 1 Standings 2026: this is how it changes with the matches and results of matchday 5 of the Clausura Tournament

The new movie will mark the official entry of the X-Men into the MCU after Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox in 2019. The mutant saga had previously been adapted to film since 2000 with actors such as Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry and Famke Janssen.

Adam Driver is OFFICIALLY in the X-Men as Mister Sinister #D23 pic.twitter.com/eDvw0UKFGf

— The Playlist (@ThePlaylistNews) August 15, 2026
MORE INFORMATION: “Avengers: Doomsday” has a new official trailer: this is how Robert Downey Jr. looks as Doctor Doom and the Multiverse in crisis

The project will be directed by Jake Schreier, while the script will be handled by Lee Sung Jin and Joanna Calo, writers related to productions such as ‘Beef’, ‘Thunderbolts’ and ‘The Bear’.

On the other hand, Kevin Feige explained that the events of ‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ and ‘Avengers: Doomsday’ will serve as a connection for a new phase of the mutants within the Marvel universe.

The ‘X-Men’ film is scheduled to premiere in theaters on May 5, 2028, according to Marvel Studios’ announcement, while the company hinted that new cast members could be revealed in the coming months.

Read more Can AI make the Peruvian state smarter?

Mister Sinister is an immortal Marvel geneticist and enemy of the X-Men, obsessed with cloning and manipulating the DNA of Cyclops and Jean Grey to create the ultimate mutant. | Photo: Marvel
Mister Sinister is an immortal Marvel geneticist and enemy of the X-Men, obsessed with cloning and manipulating the DNA of Cyclops and Jean Grey to create the ultimate mutant. | Photo: Marvel

RECOMMENDED VIDEO:

We talked with Andrew Guest, creator of the series, who defends the superhero Wonder Man, played by actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. The Disney title arrives on the platform on January 27 and bets on an unusual twist in the MCU.

Translated from

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *